How To Add Animated Wallpaper To Your Desktop Pc
You have two main ways to get live wallpapers and animated backgrounds on Windows 7/8/10. Each of these options lets you add your own backgrounds or those made by others.
- Wallpaper Engine (Price: $3.99, Recommend)
- VideoPaper (Free)
Let’s look at each of these options in turn.
1. Wallpaper Engine:
Of all the live wallpaper options out there, Wallpaper Engine is definitely the favorite. To download Wallpaper Engine, you’ll need to have Steam installed on your PC first. Once you have Steam running, just type “Wallpaper Engine” into the store search and the following window will pop up.
As we mentioned earlier, you should expect to spend around $3.99 for the app (depending on whether or not it’s on Steam Sale when you search).
From there Steam will automatically download and install Wallpaper Engine, and you’re good to go!
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10
- Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: HD Graphics 4000 or above
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 512 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows N versions require the ‘Media Feature Pack’ from Microsoft. Max video res. Windows 8, 10: 4K, Windows 7: 1080p
Video tutorial of using Wallpaper Engine
Download Wallpaper Engine: ($3.99)Steam
Reddit users are truly impressive creatures: when they see something that needs to be done, they do it.
User /u/Im-German-Lets-Party is a prime example of this fact, having created an excellent video wallpaper program VideoPaper.
- On looping it still might blink black / red for a millisecond
- Video scaling, probably can’t be solved. You need videos in the correct resolution(s) of your screen. You can test this by playing a file in windows media player and going fullscreen. Are there black bars? If yes, then VideoPaper will have them too.
- Improved looping
- Added multi screen / panel support
- Fixed user switching
- Fixed return from hybernation, suspend etc.
- Fixed shutdown (no longer blocks shutdown)
- New gui
- Added notifications (can be disabled)
- General code cleanup
This is a demonstration on how to use VideoPaper
Download VideoPaper: (Free)Download
Head to the link above and download the program to get started.
Once your program is downloaded and unzipped, double-click on the VideoPaper.exe file and you will receive a notification on your Taskbar. Right-click the VideoPaper icon and select Settings to get started.
This will open the VideoPaper window. A handy little piece of software, VideoPaper will allow you to place a video as your wallpaper background. It does this by placing a your file as a sort of skin above the conventional wallpaper, but below your icons and task bar.
The technique to using this software is as follows:
- Click Create Video Panel: This will create a profile for your video. You can save different profiles for different videos.
- Adjust Width & Height: Change the width and height parameters to those of your monitor resolution.
- Adjust Top & Left: This adjusts the position of your video. To position your video to the exact center of your screen, make both of these parameters 0.
- Click Set Size + Position: This will lock in your positioning and resolution for your video.
- Click Set Video: A file window will open. Select the video you want to use as a wallpaper.
Done! Through the use of this handy little program, you can now use videos as wallpaper freely and easily.
VideoPaper Reddit Page: Click here
WallpaperWaifu.com is not affiliated with any software. We just like their neat software.
Why does it crash and not even make the small area the wallpaper i wanted? (Btw im using videopaper)
How is “ok” even helping him, he’s asking why does it crash and the software he is using for help.
you can use PUSH Video Wallpaper, it’s more effective
How to change background into slideshow in windows 7?
i didnt try that out but i downloaded it now i think it will work btw xD
Error program, cannot add video in
How do I make the video save when I set it on videopaper, every time I log into my pc the video disappears
same happen to me can anybody tell me how to fix it
how to change moving wallpaper for mac?
when i click set video no small panel of the wallpaper comes up. and it doesnt change to fullscreen when i enter my screens resolution
search lively wallpaper on windows store and thanks me later
Videopaper worked for me but this is a nice app too, so thank you.
It doesnt work for Mac Book Pro
Video paper doesnt work after creating new panal it doesnt appear
same here, nothing happens
THANK YOU VERY MUCH😭😭😭
Im using VPings its good app for Live Wallpaper and it work on all Sistem’s, try it you will not regret, you will thenks me one day ♥♥♥
it doesnt work (using vidiopaper
thank dude, cool trick
i downloaded the app but i cant open it nor delete it. it keeps saying “The action can’t be completed because the file is open in VideoPaper” every time I try to delete it. Someone please show me how to delete it.
Hey mate, try to restart your computer and delete the file immediately, or search in windows the name of the app and find the folder and delete it , use wallpaper engine for live wallpapers , you can reply me if need other help this is nishchal signing off
Last online 30 march 2023